Monday, April 18, 2011

4-11-11: Reaction!

I think that last weeks class went extremely well. There were a lot of good projects and discussion. However, what I remember most about last week was someone's lack of a project. Last week, we showed and discussed our, "Why Are You Here?" assignment. One student answered by saying that she didn't know and that she didn't have a project as a result of it. This wasn't one of those times where I thought that she was just being lazy and didn't have a better excuse. She really looked frightened as she told the class that she didn't know what she was doing in this major. She claimed that she had lost her creative spark and was essentially drifting through the New Media program. She cried, as others have and probably will in this course. I felt for her. I think she is going through something that a lot of creative people do. I have certainly had feelings of insecurity and trouble coming up with anything creative. I think that she is in a funk at the moment and I believe strongly that she will find her way out of it. She seemed very intelligent and thoughtful and spoke about how she thinks it could be because she has no time to do anything creative. She spoke about how she used to do things for herself and not just for a grade. I think that she will find her creativity again. I'm not sure how she would exactly go about doing that, but she certainly seems capable. Other things were discussed in class, but I think this was the most important aspect of the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment