Monday, May 2, 2011

Final Project

For my project, I decided to research censorship in advertising. I originally wanted to do something with censorship, but when I found that there was a rampant amount of censorship of advertising throughout the world, it piqued my interest. To convey my research, which is cited below, I made a PowerPoint presentation. The presentation seemed to interest the audience and even engage them at certain points. I talked about the unbelievable amount of advertising censorship that takes place in the Middle East with specific examples. I also cited specific examples that occurred within the United States. I was hesitant to share my project at first, thinking that it wouldn't be good enough to show the class. In the end, I'm glad I did and believe that advertising censorship is an interesting topic that deserves more research and attention. You can view my PowerPoint presentation by clicking here.


Sources:

http://creativebits.org/Visual_communication_crash_course

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2009/06/craigslists-forced-censorship-of-erotic-ads-saves-journalism-industry/

No comments:

Post a Comment