Monday, April 11, 2011

Fear Reaction - Part 2

I believe that the best project from last week wasn't even really a project. When Colby began her presentation, she showed a funny video of Charlie Sheen. At first, I believed that she had actually made it until I realized the production value after a few seconds. I then thought that she just showed the video because she didn't have anything. After her video was done, I didn't know if there was going to be anything more or if that was going to be it. Turns out, there was a lot more. When Colby admitted to the classroom that she was a drug addict, I was shocked. She is always the quiet girl in the classes that I have had with her. I was even in a group with her last semester and I had no idea. I remember that she didn't contribute a lot to the group and she was fairly difficult to get a hold of. I think that I now have an explanation that I never thought I would have. I didn't know what to think of her presentation, and to be honest, I still don't. I do know, however, that it took her a lot of courage to do what she did and I respect her greatly for it. I hope that she overcomes her problems and I wish her the best. I believe that last week could be viewed as a great first step.

No comments:

Post a Comment