Monday, January 31, 2011

Class Response - 1/24/2011

I had a really good time in class this week. I thought that the class had some fairly interesting ideas for the egg project. Beth began the class by proving a point to the class. She basically showed us that we are in control of the class and that she won't tell us what to do. This was an interesting concept to me because no other professor I have had behaves this way. It's very freeing to have a professor that has such a loose teaching style. We also had quite a large discussion on rules. A rule that kept me from doing what I wanted to do when I was younger was my curfew. On multiple occasions, I had to go home before I wanted to. This was usually not a problem, but if the clock hit 1:00 am, I was supposed to go home. When hanging out with friends that didn't have curfews, it was especially embarrassing. If I would have stayed out and disregarded my curfew, which I did a few times, I would have gotten in trouble. I was fine with this rule my first couple years of high school, but it mainly embarrassed me towards the end. That's when I thought I was old enough to stay out as long as I want and do whatever I want. I'm glad I followed this rule when looking back on it. I believe it helped to keep me in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment