Monday, February 21, 2011

Field Trip

At the beginning of class, we were informed that we would be taking a field trip up to the fourth floor of the building. We saw a lot of interesting stuff. I forgot what it is called already, but the 3d VR type room was pretty incredible. I'm surprised how much went into making it. I thought that it was cool that it could detect where the player was by using the floor and the glasses. We then saw the block tv that had super-high resolution. This thing was interesting but it didn't seem all that useful. Google maps was awesome on it though. We saw some more 3d while we were up there, but I can't honestly remember why. To be honest, I'm not all that interested in 3d but I thought that what he showed us was done well and served a purpose. All in all, it was a good field trip and I saw some interesting things. I was surprised to hear that some of the things we were shown were available for us to use. I'm not sure if I'll ever take advantage of it, but at least I have the option to.

No comments:

Post a Comment